the following questions with your mentor to get their perspective.
(Optional: Revise your peer-reviewed assignment to include what you
learned from your mentor.)
- What data does your mentor work with?
- Where do these data come from? How are they collected?
- What type of variables are they?
- Data quality and manipulations
- How does your mentor ensure the data are of good quality?
- Do they encounter missing data? What would they do about missing data?
- What other data quality or validity challenges do they experience?
- What kind of statistics does your mentor produce in their reports?
- Why would they or their organization choose to report these measures rather than others?
- What kind of visual tools (e.g., tables and graphics) does your
mentor use to present their data and findings? How are these data
visualization tools appropriate to the audience?
- Apply knowledge and skills in working with different data types in a chosen public health setting.