Mentored Activity: Pre-participation Health Screening
Physical activity health screening is essential to identify patients susceptible to exercise-related health issues. In this activity, you will apply the 2019 PAR-Q+ questionnaire that will benefit your patient, whether he/she does regular exercise or not.
- Invite your project patient for a medical visit.
- Apply the first page of the 2019 PAR-Q+ questionnaire
- Determine if you need to apply pages 2 and 3 if the questionnaire
- Apply pages 2 and 3, even if it is not necessary. Explain to the patient that this will be for you to practice.
- Based on page 4, provide recommendations to your patient if necessary.
- Evaluate if your patient is interested in implementing physical activity changes. In the next lesson, you will learn to write a physical activity prescription. Although your task will be only to write the prescription, you will have an OPTIONAl assignment to implement the prescription based on your patient's interest.
- Write a summary of the visit and ask for your mentor’s reflections on it.