Mentored Activity (optional) : How to Consult About Sexuality
Use the Permission, Limited Information, Specific Suggestions, and Intensive Therapy (PLISSIT) model in your clinic.
- Chose a patient from your clinical work.
- Ask the patient about his/her sexual life and function using the PLISSIT model.
- Describe the interaction and your personal experience. Were you embarrassed? Do you regularly approach these issues with your patients?
- Assess whether the patient needs help regarding this subject. Can you help the patient, or do you need to refer him/her?
- Write a summary of the visit and ask for your mentor’s reflections on it.